A preliminary probe into the recent attack on an Iranian military facility in Isfahan shows that Israel was responsible for it, the ISNA news agency quoted Amir Saeid Iravani, Permanent Representative of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the United Nations, as saying on Thursday.
"[The results of] a preliminary investigation show that the Zionist regime (Israel - TASS) was behind the terror attack on an [Iranian] Defense Ministry facility in Isfahan, with the actions by the regime violating international law and being condemned," the Iranian envoy said in a letter to the UN secretary general and the president of the UN Security Council.
"Iran reserves the legitimate and inherent right to defend its national security and firmly respond to any threat or wrongdoing by the Zionist regime wherever and whenever it deems necessary," Iravani emphasized. According to ISNA, Iran’s UN envoy called on the United Nations Security Council to condemn the hostile rhetoric of the Israeli government.
The IRNA news agency reported on Sunday night that a powerful explosion rocked the city of Isfahan in central Iran. Later, the Iranian defense ministry said that a drone attack had been attempted on one of its centers on Saturday. One drone was downed and the other two hit defensive traps and exploded, Iran’s top brass said. No one was hurt and minor damage was incurred.