Ministry of Economy’s Tourism Committee has developed the 2020-2030 tourism development strategy of Armenia, reports e-draft, the unified website for publication of legal acts’ drafts.
The strategy defines the vision and objectives of the sector.
The 2020-2030 strategy of Armenia’s tourism development envisages making the governmental policy in tourism more effective by involving also other interested parties.
The strategy defines Armenia’s tourism vision, mission and possibilities for further growth by 2030.
The document aims at developing goals and an action plan, which will define how Armenia’s tourism potential can be transformed into a domestically and internationally appealing and competitive tourism industry.
The objective of the strategy is to contribute in the following via sustainable development of tourism:
• To increase the number of visitors and boost internal tourism
• To diversify touristic offers and enhance the experience of tourists
• To extend the stay of tourists in Armenia and to increase the funds spent in the country
• To improve infrastructures and provided services
• To improve Armenia’s position on the world touristic map
• To reinforce education and professional qualification system of tourism sector.