The Ombudsman of the Republic of Artsakh Artak Beglaryan said during a briefing at the Artsakh InfoCenter that at least 36 civilian casualties and 115 wounded have been registered so far.
"20 out of 36 people were killed at their place of residence, which means that these incidents took place as a result of a sudden, targeted, deliberate attack. Eight out of 36 are women, 28 are men, about half are over 50 years old", said Beglaryan.
He mentioned that large-scale shelling took place in the direction of about 130 settlements. About 7800 real estates were damaged, more than 1300 infrastructure, facilities of public or industrial significance, more than 720 cars. The Ombudsman reported that according to preliminary calculations, such attacks and the use of artillery have led to serious financial losses in many settlements, the details of which have not been clarified yet.
On the night of October 16-17, Azerbaijan continued shelling the peaceful settlements of the Artsakh Republic with heavy missiles and UAVs. According to Beglaryan, due to the shelling and air strikes there were wounded civilians in Stepanakert and Shosh community, and greatly damaged residential districts and civilian infrastructure.